Smoking Cessation Service - Hale Village Pharmacy, Liverpool
Trying to quit your smoking habit doesn’t need to be done alone. Help is important to keep you on track to ensure you achieve your goal of being smoke-free. As part of the NHS Public Health initiative, the smoking cessation service is a free support platform for those who are finally ready to quit.
Why smoking cessation support is important:
Those attempting to stop smoking may use self-control and determination to cut down. This sometimes alone may not be enough to stop altogether as cravings will slowly start to set in as nicotine withdrawal can be difficult to manage. Don’t give up! You can help us use that restraint and willpower to quit smoking.
If you are quitting smoking due to health concerns, then you may already know the risks that are associated with the chemicals and nicotine found inside them. Some of the more dangerous and life-threatening illness and diseases that can be caused by smoking includes:
- Several cancers, notably lung cancer, oesophageal cancer and mouth cancer
- Cardiovascular issues like heart disease and heart attacks
- Increases in strokes
- Damage to blood circulation
If you are pregnant, then smoking can lead to:
- Your baby being born underweight
Not only does smoking affect the individual, but second-hand smoke can also harm your family or friends. The likelihood of developing dangerous cancers and heart attacks increases by roughly 25% in those exposed to daily smoking inhalation. Children and teenagers are more susceptible to developing respiratory issues like asthma and meningitis if they are exposed daily.
Advice and support available at Hale Village Pharmacy, Liverpool:
Our professional pharmacists can sign you up for the smoking cessation service and provide you with impartial advice and support.
- Access to comprehensive, 1 to 1 support with a qualified stop smoking adviser
- Access to a group environment if you prefer to share with those in a similar situation to you
- Access to nicotine replacement therapy, available on prescription
- Advice on the best technique to get the most out of your product
- Phone and E-mail support if you need someone to talk to
We provide smoking cessation services to any patients who want it; For more information on the smoking cessation service or the stop smoking service, visit Hale Village Pharmacy, Liverpool or call on 0151 425 2224.
|Monday – Friday||9.00 – 18.00|
- Address 3 Ivy Farm Ct, Hale, Liverpool, L24 4AG
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0151 425 2224